Baby Sea Turtle
Catch a Wave
No Download Required, Just a Bathing Suit
The coastline is our front door, so turn up the volume on your beach jam playlist and find the beach that doesn't skip a beat. We've divided our chart toppers into Fun & Entertainment, Family, Sand & Seclusion, Watersports & Fishing, Snorkeling and A Little Bit of Everything. Start with a primo one - John MacArthur Beach State Park with its two miles of golden sand and refreshing tides. Surrounded by a true urban estuary, Lake Worth Lagoon/Intracoastal Waterway, it's easy to kayak, canoe, hike or go on seasonal sea turtle walk.
Inside the Tides . . .
Here are some insider tips to make the most of your beach playtime:
- Two of the Travel Channel's 'Top 10 Florida Beaches' are right here in The Palm Beaches. Palm Beach - with its extravagant homes, resorts, shops, restaurants and of course... gorgeous 14 miles of coastline; and "The Official Most Fun Small Town in America's" - Delray Beach.
- You don't have to travel far to snorkel. The Underwater Snorkel Trail at Phil Foster Park in Riviera Beach/Singer Island is internationally recognized for its abundance of unique marine life. The Trail spans two acres and is in no more than 10 feet of water.
- Catch a wave at one of the most famous places in Florida - Red Reef Road in Palm Beach - one of the few places in the Sunshine State to reach 'big wave' surfing status, where waves can max out at 15 feet!
- Four live beach cams provide real-time footage - check it out.
- Swim with ease, because many beaches are watched by Palm Beach County's Ocean Rescue lifeguards (most from 9:00 a.m. to 5:20 p.m. daily).
- For visitors with limited mobility, special beach surf wheelchairs are available upon request. Just call 561-694-7480 to coordinate wheelchair use.