Discover The Palm Beaches Announces New Board of Directors and Executive Committee Members
Ashley Svarney, Director of Public Relations & Communications
Discover The Palm Beaches
Office: 561-233-3030; Cell: 954-592-6683
Angela Ledford, Manager of Public Relations & Communications
Discover The Palm Beaches
Office: 561-233-3064; Cell: 318-512-7464
Editor's note: Headshots can be downloaded by clicking here.
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (October 28, 2016) - Discover The Palm Beaches (DTPB), the official tourism marketing corporation for Palm Beach County, has announced the appointment of new members to its Board of Directors as well as its Executive Committee for the 2016-2017 fiscal year. This esteemed group of 25 business leaders from various sectors throughout The Palm Beaches' tourism, business and non-profit community provides strategic guidance and direction to the organization. These accomplished individuals lend their extensive industry experience to advance the interests of DTPB and provide a vision for the tourism industry at large.
"We rely on the expertise and leadership of our Board of Directors, and we're proud of this powerhouse team," explained Jorge Pesquera, president and CEO for DTPB. "We've been successful in recruiting a number of thought leaders with diverse backgrounds and extensive industry knowledge in their respective fields. With this strong group, we're confident we can drive The Palm Beaches to become an even more prominent travel destination."
"I am particularly grateful to the Governance Committee and its chair Yvonne Boice for their success in attracting this talented group," added Joe Cardenas, incoming Chair for fiscal year 2016-2017.
New board members were all unanimously voted in, and they began their duties on October 1, 2016. The new members include the following:
- Brett Langbert - Vice President and Financial Advisor, Bernstein Private Wealth Management
- David Fine - Senior Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Revenue, PGA National Resort & Spa
- James Hansen - Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Kolter Hospitality
- John Carns -- General Manager, Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
- Kenneth Kennerly - Executive Director, The Honda Classic
- Marilyn A. Wick - Chief Executive, The Wick Theatre & Costume Museum
- Peter Yesawich - Vice Chairman, MMGY Global
- Ricky Wade - Franchisee, "B"ing the Best Inc.
- Rita Craig -- Founder/President, Top Tier Leadership - appointed by Palm Beach County Commissioner Hal Valeche
The executive committee members for 2016-2017 are as follows:
- Chair: Joe Cardenas, Founder/CEO, AQUACO
- Vice Chair: Colin Clark, General Manager, Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach
- Secretary/Treasurer: Patrick Franklin, President and CEO, Urban League of Palm Beach County
- Immediate Past Chair: Vicki Chouris, ?Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, South Florida Fair
- Officer: Rita Craig, Founder/President, Top Tier Leadership
- Officer: Troy McLellan, President & CEO, Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce
- DPTB President & CEO: Jorge Pesquera (Ex-Officio)
About Discover The Palm Beaches
Discover The Palm Beaches, formerly the Palm Beach County Convention and Visitors Bureau, is the official tourism marketing corporation that promotes the collection of 39 cities and towns and 15 tourism districts spanning more than 2,200 square miles and 47 miles of pristine beaches from Boca Raton to Jupiter and Tequesta, commonly referred to as "The Palm Beaches." Tourism is among Palm Beach County's major industries, generating $4.55 billion in direct visitor spending and supporting more than 60,000 jobs. Once recognized as a tropical escape for elite travelers in the late 1800s, America's First Resort Destination® is making its resurgence as The Best Way To Experience Florida®, welcoming a record-breaking 6.9 million people in 2015. The Palm Beaches are home to nearly 17,000 hotel rooms, ranging from historic resorts to boutique inns. The destination features more than 100 family-friendly attractions, world-class luxury and antique shopping experiences, 125 miles of peaceful waterways for on- or in-the-water activities, more than 150 artificial reefs that line the Atlantic Ocean's Gulf Stream current, 160 golf courses, award-winning restaurants, and a thriving entertainment scene boasting more than 200 art and culture organizations. For more information about The Palm Beaches, visit www.ThePalmBeaches.com and connect on social media via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @PalmBeachesFL, YouTube at Discover The Palm Beaches and the hashtag, #ThePalmBeaches.