PALM BEACH COUNTY CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU APPOINTS NEW MEMBERS TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
PALM BEACH COUNTY CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU
APPOINTS NEW MEMBERS TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Palm Beach County, FL (March 20, 2012) - The Palm Beach County Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) announced the appointment of four new members and re-appointment of one existing member to its Board of Directors. The board is comprised of professionals who occupy leadership positions that provide unique and beneficial opportunities for the Bureau in the areas of tourism promotion and business development. The new board members bring a total of 74 years of hotel industry experience, 35 years of restaurant experience and a decade of financial expertise to the CVB Board of Directors.
New members of the board are:
- Ex-officio member Joseph Cardenas of Lake Worth and Southeast Florida Area Executive for First Citizens Bank. Cardenas previously served as regional president and private banking team leader for Bank United. He has a strong track record in community involvement as a member of the Economic Council of Palm Beach County and the Florida Governance Association. He also serves on the boards of the Autism Project of Palm Beach County and the Florida Atlantic University - Center for Autism and Related Disabilities
- Industry member appointed by the Palm Beach County Hotel and Lodging Association Jay Badillo of Palm Beach Gardens and General Manager of the Embassy Suites Hotel (formerly Crowne Plaza). Badillo has over 18 years of experience in the hotel industry and helped establish an annual bike race and marathon to benefit Carrie Tingley Hospital Foundation in Albuquerque, NM.
- Industry member appointed by the Palm Beach County Hotel and Lodging Association Colin Clark of Palm Beach and General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach. Clark has over 21 years of Four Seasons global hotel management experience. He brings significant international experience through his tenures in the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bali and Bangkok.
- At-large member Paul Emmett of Palm Beach and President & CEO of Duffy's Sports Grills, a chain of 24 of the most recognized sports themed restaurants in South Florida. Emmett has over 30 years of experience in the restaurant industry and is a big supporter of South Florida sports teams and community affairs. He has developed strategic partnerships with all major South Florida sports teams and is the official sports grill of the Miami Dolphins, Miami HEAT, Florida Panthers and Miami Marlins and is the strategic partner of the Florida Special Olympics.
- Re-appointment by Commissioner Steven Abrams, Stephen Ast, of Boca Raton and President of the Boca Raton Resort & Club has over 35 years of experience in luxury hotels and destination resorts and presided over the more than $220 million renovation of the resort and the rebranding of the property as a member of the Waldorf=Astoria Collection of hotels within Hilton Worldwide. Ast is proud to serve on the Board of Directors of the Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce, the Boca Raton Historical Society and his second term at the CVB.
About Palm Beach County Convention and Visitors Bureau
The Palm Beach County Convention and Visitors Bureau is the official destination marketing organization for Palm Beach County, Fla. Tourism is among Palm Beach County's major industries generating a direct annual economic impact of $2.8 billion in the local economy, producing $23 million dollars in bed-tax revenue and lodging sales of approximately $623 million.
Carli Smith/Palm Beach County CVB Maria Hayworth/Hayworth Creative PR
csmith@PalmBeachFl.com /561-233-3030 firstname.lastname@example.org /386-677-7000
1555 Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard, Suite 800, West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
561.233.3000 Fax 561.233.1036 Website Media Center: PalmBeachFL.com
Palm Beach Tourism News Blog:
palmbeachtourismnews.com Website Media Center: palmbeachfl.com