PALM BEACH COUNTY CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU HITS 2012 HIGHLIGHTS, UNVEILS 2013 STRATEGY AT ANNUAL
PALM BEACH COUNTY CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU HITS 2012 HIGHLIGHTS, UNVEILS 2013 STRATEGY AT ANNUAL MARKETING & SALES PLAN PRESENTATION
WEST PALM BEACH, FL (November 28, 2012) - The Palm Beach County Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) today presented "2013 Marketing & Sales Plan: Blueprint for a New Era," to industry stakeholders at the Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach. CVB executives recounted the destination's accomplishments for 2012 in sales and marketing, and highlighted key initiatives for 2013.
"2012 was an exciting and eventful year for Palm Beach County tourism, and for our industry at
-large," stated CVB President & CEO Jorge Pesquera. "Similarly to what we saw this year, we fully expect the innovations and initiatives we have planned for 2013 to help us surpass our ambitious goals, and keep us on a continued path to build brand awareness, increase visitation, and create more jobs that can never be outsourced."
Successes from 2012 Fiscal Year include:
- Hotel revenue per available room (RevPar) up 10 percent; marking 33 consecutive months of increases, a key benchmark for hoteliers.
- A hotel occupancy rate up 3.4 percent; a positive trend for 32 out of the last 35 months.
- An average daily room (ADR) rate for hotels up 6.4 percent; a positive trend for 27 out of the last 29 months.
- Completion of the first comprehensive Economic Impact Study in more than five years, which revealed Palm Beach County's five million annual visitors create a $5 billion economic impact and employ 45,000 residents.
- Half a billion media impressions, through Public and Media Relations.
- Across-the-board increases in online performance indicators, with a 59 percent increase in website visitation, 34 percent increase in hotel website referrals and an astounding 142 percent increase in video views in one year.
- A successful multi-faceted Summer Campaign that resulted in eight percent growth in RevPar, five percent growth in occupancy, and three percent growth in ADR over the summer months (June - September).
- The coordination of more than 100 sales events, including a record 18 destination reviews, with participation by top travel trade and meeting planners for each.
- Strengthened destination awareness among top travel trade, media and potential media in key international markets, including Brazil, Colombia, Puerto Rico, and other key Latin American countries, as well as Germany, and the UK.
- The successful execution of the first-ever, CVB-produced, large-scale consumer event, conceived in connection with the final presidential debate in Boca Raton and broadcasted globally through a strategic partnership with XBox LIVE, Neon Trees, the City of Boca Raton, and Rock the Vote, which was attended by more than 3,000 people and viewed live by approximately 500,000 XBox subscribers.
Following a review of 2012, several members of the CVB and its professional experts revealed the organization's plan for both marketing and sales efforts in 2013. A sampling of what's expected for the next fiscal year includes:
- Completion of the third and final phase of the brand development process, which will include the implementation of the new Brand identity, slated to launch in the summer of 2013, following the completion of the first two critical phases.
- Fully implement regional marketing campaigns, highlighting hyper-local experiences offered in six of the destination's 12 distinct tourism cities through digital content and customized promotional collateral -a progression of the VISIT CITY concept initiated in 2012.
- Enhanced marketing support of top established and emerging destination events, based on a new, systemized approach to evaluate each event's impact on visitation and awareness for Palm Beach County.
- Significant product development focused on Culinary Tourism, including the potential of a strategic partnership with a nationally recognized culinary icon, the production of high-quality, multi-media content, and regional food and wine event partnerships.
- Enriched in-county client experiences through greater frequency and quality destination reviews and site visits for meeting planners and other travel influencers.
- The full adoption and usage of an enterprise-level Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology to strengthen customer engagement with meeting planners and travel trade.
- Deployment of multimedia, interactive digital sales tools to support messaging and enhance destination appeal.
- Introduction of experience-focused Travel Itineraries, using recommendations by local celebrities, athletes, and well-known personalities valued as trusted authorities in key areas of interest, which will be promoted in tandem with the addition of a new Personalized Itinerary Builder tool for consumers on the CVB's website.
Additionally, the CVB emphasized the importance of the tourism industry for Palm Beach County with a hypothetical example of how 10 percent more visitors would impact the local economy. In that example, the CVB pointed out a modest 10 percent increase in visitation would result in:
- A five and one-half percent increase in hotel occupancy
- $550 million in additional visitor spending
- $42 million additional hotel room revenue
- 5,000 new jobs (that cannot be outsourced)
- $82 million in additional state and local taxes
- $2.1 million in additional bed tax revenues
CVB officials emphasized that, due to tourism's impact, each Palm Beach County resident saves an average of $890 in property and other taxes per year, and Florida does not impose a state income tax on its workforce.
About Palm Beach County Convention and Visitors Bureau
The Palm Beach County Convention and Visitors Bureau is the official destination marketing organization for Palm Beach County, Fla., with a mission to increase visitation, deliver a one
-of-a-kind visitor experience, and contribute to the overall economic development in Palm Beach County. As a non-profit organization, the CVB develops marketing and sales strategies to support tourism, which, as one of Palm Beach County's largest industries, generates an annual economic impact of $5 billion in the local economy, welcomes five million visitors a year, supports 45,000 industry jobs, and helps to ensure Florida remain a tax-free state.
Carli Smith/Palm Beach County CVB, csmith@PalmBeachFL.com/561-233-3030
Tourism News Blog:
PalmBeachTourismNews.com Website Media Center: PalmBeachFL.com/Media
1555 Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard, Suite 800, West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
561.233.3000 Fax 561.233.1036 Website: PalmBeachFL.com