It's All About the Music
The lineup is set. Chock-full of the extraordinaire - the newest bands with the newest sounds, classic rockers sure to please, hip-hop masters and jazz impresarios.
Leading the fray is no other than The Fray, one of leading bands of the last few years. For hip-hop fans, one of the greats is here, Snoop Dogg; a local South Florida superstar gone national, Pitbull; and a one-of-a-kind act, Wiz Khalifa. Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, the Marshall Tucker Band and Paul Rodgers lead the way for those who like tunes from the 70s and 80s. While Creed, Counting Crows and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones will bring back your finest rock memories from 90s and early 2000s. Music legend, Herbie Hancock, brings his unique form of Jazz to those looking to sit back and take it easy. And there are more, lots more - the rest of the lineup certainly aims to please.
Make those SunFest Plans, Here's the Inside Scoop
For more on of SunFest events and activities, learn more by clicking here.
- Don't bother to go home. Stay for all five days or over the weekend. It's easy with the terrific rates from many excellent hotels in The Palm Beaches. Start your stay right here.
- Get the VIP treatment and go home bragging to your friends with your choice of specialty tickets. The ultimate is the enviable Gold Backstage Pass – with exclusive reserved seating, a primo parking spot, access to both VIP Hospitality and Club SunFest, open bar and more. But don't worry, you can buy VIP Hospitality and Club SunFest experiences separately as well – and still impress your friends (and you're gonna love those air-conditioned bathrooms).
- Partying with the crowd in front of one the three music stages is whole lotta fun, but if you're hoping to take a seat for a song or two, then look into reserved seating for SunFest's Bank of America Stage.
- Do the floating oasis – it isn't just one, it's three bars floating in the Intracoastal Waterway/Lake Worth Lagoon – so it's three times the fun. Each one has a distinct kind of bash going down – live music, DJ or Karaoke. You decide or do all three.
- You can run your way into SunFest by joining in on the TGI5K. Off and running at 5:15 p.m., Friday, May 4, going along picturesque Flagler Drive and ends in the heart of SunFest activities. Earn prizes, a free beer and discount tickets for friends and family.
- It's more than just music at this Fest. More than 165 national artists participate in the art show, during both Saturday and Sunday.
- Find a fine location along the seawall on Flagler Drive for the Sunday night, May 6, closing fireworks. See the reflections on the water and really get into the mid-air explosions coming from above. The skyrockets go off over the Intracoastal Waterway/Lake Worth Lagoon between downtown West Palm Beach and Palm Beach.
- Close to 300,000 people attend SunFest on its five-day run. If you're afraid of getting separated from your little cubs, make sure to get matching, numbered wristbands from the Tag-a-Kid booth so SunFest workers can help reunite the two of you.
- The little ones can play all day at the Youth Park. Open Friday, May 4 through Sunday May 6.
- Buy a parking spot in advance. SunFest offers pre-paid, reserved spots at downtown West Palm Beach garages just a short distance from the action.