WHAT’S NEW IN THE PALM BEACHES
Maria Hayworth, 386.677.7000, email@example.com
Hope Sarzier, 386.677.7000, firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New In The Palm Beaches
-Development, Events and Opening Announcements from Discover The Palm Beaches-
THE PALM BEACHES, Fla. (March 18, 2014) - With its exciting collection of colorful resorts, 47 miles of pristine beach, matchless culinary delights, trendy shops and boutiques, countless cultural experiences and family attractions, championship golf, and nightlife that thrives year-round, there is always something to talk about in The Palm Beaches. The following is a sample of exciting new announcements and updates for 2014 from Discover The Palm Beaches:
- Construction is underway in downtown West Palm Beach on the Hilton Convention Center Hotel after a groundbreaking ceremony on Dec. 6, 2013. Construction of the 400-room hotel is expected to be complete in fall 2015 and will significantly increase the destination's potential to host large groups.
- Formerly the Boca Bridge Hotel, the newly-named Waterstone Resort & Marina - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel is undergoing a dramatic re-envisioning to bring a new style and energy to the waterfront of the Intracoastal Waterway. Expected to open Spring 2014, the resort will offer 139 guest rooms with private balconies and panoramic waterfront views of theAtlantic Ocean, Intracoastal Waterway or Lake Boca. The hotel also features two exciting new restaurants, Boca Landing and Waterstone Bar & Grill, as well as a full-service spa.
- Delivering five-diamond service and experiences, Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa (formerly The Ritz-Carlton Palm Beach) is located on seven acres of private coastline and offers stylish guestrooms, four on-property dining options and a 42,000-square-foot spa facility. Recent changes and additions to guest amenities include luxuries such as champagne or lemonade upon arrival, new amenities for kids including new cribs and baby amenities, a Keurig coffee maker in each guestroom, pet amenities and more.
- Harbourside Place is Jupiter's newest luxury multi-use development scheduled to open to the public in fall 2014. Wyndham Grand Jupiter Beach at Harbourside Place and its acclaimed seafood restaurant, Deep Blu, will set the high-end standard for Harbourside Place, influencing the choice in neighboring eateries, boutiques and stores that will soon populate the multi-use development.
- International Polo Club Palm Beach launched the new Veuve Clicquot Airstream Lounge at The Pavilion, a fresh alternative to the veranda champagne brunch and polo package offered every Sunday. This exclusive area offers premium field-side seating in clear Lucite chairs and a private Veuve Clicquot bar, in addition to a lavish buffet featuring more than 80 culinary selections. A bottle of Veuve Clicquot champagne is served in a trendy ice bucket designed exclusively by Veuve, and the "Love Stream" (a refurbished vintage 1971 Airstream) completes the amenities.
- Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens will celebrate the first bud of spring with its 35th Annual Hatsume Fair March 29-30 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Hatsume Fair will feature multiple stages of non-stop entertainment, such as thundering taiko drum performances by Fushu Daiko and Ronin Taiko, popular Cosplay costume contests, action-packed martial arts demonstrations and a Japanese fashion show. For the first time, attendees have the option to enjoy even more of the Morikami's largest annual event with a new two-day ticket.
- Opening to the public on the evening of Saturday, May 3 at the South Florida Science Center and Aquarium is the newest traveling exhibit, Mazes. The exhibit will lead guests on an adventure through a series of interactive brain-teasers, 3-D puzzles and full body games including more than 9,000-square-feet of action and 60 puzzling experiences that inspire endless hours of exploration and ingenuity. The exhibit runs through Sept. 14.
- Majestic Princess Cruises, Inc. recently celebrated the grand opening of its new floating restaurant, Tides41, on the Majestic Princess luxury yacht. Passengers aboard the sightseeing cruise or twilight dinner cruise may order lunch or dinner from new menus, which feature fresh starters, sandwiches and a selection of entrees including seafood, chicken and steak.
Shopping & Retail
- Palm Beach Outlets, Palm Beach County's first outlet shopping center, celebrated a grand opening on Feb. 14. Located on Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard in downtown West Palm Beach, the new shopping destination features more than 500,000 square feet of space and boasts more than 100 stores including brand favorites such as, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, J.Crew | crewcuts Factory, Ann Taylor Factory Store, Banana Republic Factory Store and Kenneth Cole.
- The Gardens Mall is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year with the launch of "25 Years of Giving" - a charitable campaign showcasing strategic partnerships with 25 of Palm Beach County's leading philanthropic organizations. The mall will celebrate throughout the year with events, including fashion shows, cocktail parties and more, to help benefit these 25 charities.
- City Place, West Palm Beach's premier outdoor shopping, dining and entertainment destination, welcomed Revolutions Bowling, Bar & Grille in December 2013. The newest attraction features 20 bowling lanes, projection screens for viewing sports, a full-service restaurant, two bars, billiard tables and live entertainment. Also at CityPlace, the famed
Italian restaurant Il Bellagio has reopened after a $1.5 million renovation, and Charming Charlie is now open, offering shoppers chic and affordable accessories.
- The first non-stop service between Palm Beach International Airport and Los Angeles International Airport began Nov. 21, 2013. Daily flights on American Airlines depart West Palm Beach at 8:50 a.m., with a direct return flight departing Los Angeles at 12:05 a.m.
- Beginning May 15, Allegiant Air will offer a nonstop flight between Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) and Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) with fares starting as low as $64 one-way.
- All Aboard Florida is the state's first privately owned intercity passenger rail service, which will link Orlando to Miami in approximately a three-hour ride, with stops in Fort Lauderdale, Downtown West Palm Beach and at Orlando International Airport. Proposed
run date of 2015.
- Construction of a new landmark is underway in Downtown Boca Raton. A pair of decorative arches designed by acclaimed Boca architect Derek Vander Ploeg will frame either side of Sanborn Square Park along Federal Highway. The arches are the final piece of the Pedestrian Promenade Project designed to serve as a link between Mizner Park and Royal Palm Place.
- The Boynton Harbor Marina will enter Phase II of its development with the $1.6 million construction of a Harbor Master Building to include public restrooms and a retail store, new fueling facilities, public art and waterfront open space. The purpose of the project is to preserve public access to prime waterfront facilities, offering tourism opportunities that will enhance the visitor experience in downtown Boynton Beach. The project will be complete December 2014.
About Discover Palm Beach County
Discover Palm Beach County, formerly the Convention and Visitors Bureau, is the official tourism marketing corporation that promotes the collection of 38 cities and towns and 15 tourism districts in Palm Beach County, commonly referred to as The Palm Beaches Florida. Tourism is among Palm Beach County's major industries generating an annual economic impact of more than $5 billion in the local economy, producing $30 million dollars in bed-tax revenue, lodging sales of approximately $623 million, and supporting 45,000 jobs.