Destination Service Manager
Executes, organizes, and coordinates a wide range of sales and support activities for the Discover The Palm Beaches and its destination partners. Serves both the sales and marketing team by developing and executing the logistics of programs such as, With Our Compliments, Turn-key events, Destination Reviews, customer site inspections and high-level industry events. Has the ability to showcase benefits of the destination through the understanding of customer needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works in tandem with the sales staff to determine and execute on customer needs resulting in definite room nights for the destination. 30%
- Proactively supports sales and customer service requests.
- Effectively communicates DTPB services for convention and definite hotel groups within a timely manner increasing the opportunity for repeat business.
- Facilitates programs for convention/meetings delegates.
- Arranges for delivery of supplies and collateral to groups and meetings in county hotels.
- Increases economic impact by marketing additional products and programs while supporting the needs of the client.
- Executes on client needs for various Discover The Palm Beaches special events and tradeshows when necessary.
- Creates offsite program design.
- Ability to lead and coordinate key players for pre/post convention/ meeting programs
- Provide post-évent evaluations to determine the sucess
- Complete and deliver final client reports to appropriate parties.
- Plays a key role in execution of Destination Reviews, Group Sales, Leisure Sales and International Sales and individual client site visits. 25%
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the destination tourism assets including all hotels, attractions, conference facilities and services, both public and private, available in the area. Develops and maintains a close working relationship with key partners from these organization. 25%
- Prepare a monthly report on destination services provided. 10%
- Assists with special projects as assigned by supervisor and Senior Vice President –Global Sales. 5%
- Maintain a cohesive working relationship with Partner Relations by securing information for partner referrals, updates of partner data. Assist with new referrals for Discover’s partnership and current partner renewals. 5%
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written, including outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to resolve sensitive situations with limited incident.
- Past experience of dealing with high level leadership a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented in a multi-tasking environment, self-starter and self-motivated
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Four-year degree from an academic institution and minimum of two years experience in hospitality industry sales or associate’s degree and five years related experience
- Computer skills and experience in MS Office products : Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of industry and specialized software (Simpleview skills a plus)
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing conditions and circumstances, ability to work weekends and evenings when needed.
- Professional attitude, appearance and demeanor.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work will require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Event set up may require carrying boxes of promotional materials and equipment for presentations.
This position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.