DISCOVER THE PALM BEACHES
This position is responsible for engagement and development of community businesses in an effort to expand stakeholder involvement and participation in support of Discover The Palm Beaches (DTPB) strategic plan and mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Engages DTPB partners on a strategic mission of helping to create content for DTPB web and print materials with a goal of driving leisure, group, meeting and convention business to the Palm Beaches. – 40%
- Sets meetings, attends industry events and conducts group presentations on a weekly basis to educate community businesses on value of tourism and DTPB goals and mission. – 15%
- Assist the Senior Director of Industry Relations in the engagement of community businesses in DTPB’s community engagement programs. – 15%
- Research and identify tourism product and service categories that can be cultivated for strategic marketing partnerships with DTPB. Analyze the strengths and weaknesses to determine which would be ideal candidates.– 10%
- Assists in engaging community businesses in DTPB business and promotional opportunities i.e. co-operative advertising, seasonal programs, and Destination Review’s. –10%
- Assists in the creation and development of customized tourism impact materials. – 4%
- Generates weekly reports in a timely and accurate reporting structure. – 4%
- Assists in the development of departmental monthly reports, business plans, and any other reports as requested. – 2%
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility. This position effectively interfaces with the business community.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year College or University. Degree in sales, marketing, communications or related major preferred.
- 2 years of program marketing and sales experience in a corporate business environment is preferred.
- The ability to communicate in a professional manner, both vernally and in writing, with people at all levels of business industry is essential.
- Experience in general accounting practices and budget formulation is beneficial.
- Familiarization with the tourism industry is preferred.
- Ability to close deals to achieve assigned sales goals.
- Must be a self-starter; be self-motivated, and able to multi task.
- Must be creative and detail oriented.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven record of management ability and relationship development.
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing conditions and circumstances.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and cooperate with other DPBC departments and staff.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to meet clients on a daily basis.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Regular local travel is required to call on current and prospective partners. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.