DISCOVER PALM BEACH COUNTY
To assist Industry Relations in developing and coordinating the communications content that is delivered to Discover The Palm Beaches (DTPB) Partners and community stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Assists in coordination and execution of Industry Relations Events including but not limited to Travel Rally Day, Marketing & Sales Presentation, Networking Events, and Educational Events – 25%
- Coordinates the execution of promotional and business-to-business benefits, which constitute the DTPB mission and promise. Interacts with businesses via phone and email. Compiles content and reviews positioning and listings for industry businesses. Follows-up with other DTPB Departments to ensure the required follow-ups are successfully executed. – 15%
- Maintains the accuracy of the PalmBeachFl.com extranet pages. – 10%
- Develop, design and deploy DTPB’s Industry Relations Partner communications including but not limited to co-op mailings, year-in-review mailing, e-mails and surveys. – 10%
- Develop, design and deploy the DTPB’s monthly industry e-newsletter to industry businesses and community stakeholders. – 5%
- Notifies Finance Department of marketing and sales invoice obligations. – 5%
- Ensures Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is updated frequently with any and all business contact changes, additions, listing updates and photo uploads. – 5%
- Design, schedule and update web photo headers and box ads on a bi-weekly basis. – 5%
- Reviews individual business inquires to DTPB and brings each one to full resolution in a timely manner. 5%
- Assists in creation, copyediting, proofreading, and revision of Industry Relations communications. – 5%
- Establishes and/or maintains cooperative relationships with industry businesses and community stakeholders. – 5%
- Develop, design and deploy DTPB Breaking News as requested by Senior Staff. – 2%
- Measures and presents results of Industry Relations communication efforts. – 1%
- Assists in the development of departmental monthly reports, business plans, and any other reports as requested. – 1%
- Assists with special projects and events – 1%
- Performs all other duties as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year College or University. Degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related major preferred.
- Three years related experience in business, communications, marketing, promotions, and/or public relations.
- Superior presentation and analytical skills, plus demonstrated skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignments.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with various audiences.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Must have knowledge of office processes, procedures, and technology, including experience in MS Office products. Must have the ability to learn new software applications.
- Must have knowledge and experience working in InDesign, Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
- Must have knowledge and experience working in ExactTarget, Constant Contact, or similar e-mail marketing tool.
- Must have interpersonal skills, with the ability to resolve situations with limited incident.
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing conditions and circumstances.
Must demonstrate a positive attitude and cooperate with other DTPB departments and staff.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. The position may require periodic weekend and/or evening work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DISCOVER THE PALM BEACHES is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
This position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.