Social Media Manager
The Manager, Social Media is a technically savvy content marketer with big ideas responsible for ongoing management and growth of Discover The Palm Beaches’ (DTPB) social media presence.
As part of the Marketing department, this individual will collaborate with key team members to execute strategies that drive conversation and engagement on our social channels, including the company’s blog, and help convert its online community into active fans, ambassadors and visitors of The Palm Beaches. This individual is someone that knows the ins and outs of every social platform including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Snapchat, to build and execute a social strategy appropriate for Discover The Palm Beaches.
The Manager, Social Media will focus on developing and executing an ongoing calendar of proactive content that mixes core brand messaging, marketing campaigns, partner and company news, and topical conversation points, as its full-time online community manager for Discover The Palm Beaches’ social channels. The role ensures Social Media engagement objectives are met on an ongoing, real-time basis and data is translated into actionable insights, excellent judgment on how to engage with followers, and a great feel for The Palm Beaches’ brand voice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with Director, Public Relations and Communications, as well as other cross-function teams, to develop creative content, analyze engagement and convert social media ambassadors to potential visitors of The Palm Beaches. (15%)
- Develop and execute an ongoing calendar of proactive B2B and B2C content that mixes core brand messaging, marketing campaigns, partner and company news and topical conversation points. (15%)
- Collaborate with advertising team on paid social initiatives leveraged via integrated campaigns, in conjunction with DTPB advertising agency. (15%)
- Participate in and lead regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats, Facebook promotions, LinkedIn conversations, social giveaways, etc. (10%)
- Execute digital influencer engagement programs that leverage advocates via content and partnerships – both paid and organic. (10%)
- Monitors effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring campaigns; analyze, review and report effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results. (10%)
- Oversees and recommends appropriate budgets for social media campaigns, ensuring costs are aligned to yearly budgets. (10%)
- Spearhead proper employee engagement, as a means to promote internal ambassadors. (5%)
- Support the crisis communication situations on social media. (2%)
- Educate DTPB executives and team members on best practices to leverage social media as company ambassadors. (2%)
- Researches and analyze competitive social landscape. (2%)
- Leverages measurement tools to provide progress reports while continually finding opportunities to improve metrics / KPIs through testing and new initiatives. (2%)
- Supports other endeavors / projects as needed. (2%)
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Education (4-year degree) in business, marketing, advertising, journalism, hospitality or work experience equivalent
- 3+ years of social media experience in a corporate environment with consumer-facing channels/messages
- Must be genuinely passionate about social media
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices
- Great organizational and time management skills
- An understanding that social media never sleeps: you may occasionally be working outside of designated work hours, including the weekends and particularly in crisis situations
- Ability to be detail-oriented in a multi-tasking production environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience leading paid social campaigns and promotions
- Self-motivated self-starter able to work independently
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, a cooperative attitude, teamwork mindset and a drive for results
- Must be a quick learner and be able to adapt to a changing environment
- Must have the ability to identify problems and provide reasonable solutions
- Experience in social media strategy, execution, metrics and asset development
- Highly creative with strong strategic thinking skills
- Must have the ability to set up process and operating procedures
- Travel and Tourism experience is a plus
- Understanding of what drives online consumer
- Good balance of strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Ability to recommend and develop associated budgets on-time and on-specification
- Strong grasp of social media analytics and measurement
- Strong grasp of technology related to digital media and communications
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DISCOVER THE PALM BEACHES is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work and some business travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.